Would you like to sponsor a brand new edition of the Eat Hackney Cookbook and support two local charities? Watch our short film, then scroll down for more information...
To produce a second edition of the Eat Hackney Cookbook. The first edition was a pamphlet, but the second edition will be a large softback book, with 100 recipes, full-colour photos and gorgeous cover art by a local illustrator.
The project is led by Helena Smith who writes the Eat Hackney blog and produced the first edition of the Eat Hackney Cookbook. She also funded, wrote, photographed and self-published two editions of Inside Hackney, the first guide to the borough. Tens of thousands of copies of this free community publication have been distributed throughout Hackney.
Helena, who runs Inside Hackney Ltd as a not-for-profit publishing company, will work with the small team that helped her successfully produce Inside Hackney - an editor, illustrator and designer. Email Helena or call on 07963 349542 if you have questions about the project.
- PROMOTING COOKING AND HEALTHY EATING 2000 readers will enjoy our healthy, beautiful and affordable Cookbook.
- SUPPORTING LOCAL BUSINESSES Each double-page spread in the Cookbook will spotlight a restaurant, café or food project alongside their recipe. In this way the Cookbook is also a guidebook to Hackney eating, and to projects such as Bags of Taste's cooking classes and Growing Communities' gardening schemes.
- DONATING TO CHARITY All profits will go to North London Action for the Homeless and the Hackney Migrant Centre, who feed homeless and vulnerable people.
EDITORIAL AND DESIGN COSTS We aim to raise £10,000 from local businesses, supporters and friends. This will cover research, writing, recipe-testing, photography, illustration, design and editing.
THE PRINT RUN Advance sales of 500 copies priced at £10 will cover the print cost of £5000. The Cookbooks will be sold via a crowdfunding campaign to be launched in late spring 2018.
Rewards for sponsors
We want to make your donation go as far as possible for our two charities. A £100 donation to the Cookbook should equal £180 for NLAH and the Hackney Migrant Centre, once we have sold 2000 copies of the Cookbook.
All sponsors will be invited to our summer 2018 launch party. Plus for:
- £100 - we will thank you in the Cookbook in our list of sponsors
- £250 - your logo will go on the inside back cover of the Cookbook, plus we will give you a special thank you in our list of sponsors
- £350 - your logo will go on the inside front cover of the Cookbook, plus we will give you an extra special thank you in our list of sponsors
- £600 - we will feature your favourite project in the Cookbook. A double-page 'sponsored by' spread will showcase your chosen restaurant/food charity/food project alongside a recipe. Plus your logo will go on the inside front cover of the Cookbook and we will give you an extra special thank you in our list of sponsors.
How to pay
Just click on the button below. Email Helena Smith for a receipt and confirmation of your sponsorship.